Home » Articles » apple launch probe after woman is electrocuted answering iphone 5
UK News

apple launch probe after woman is electrocuted answering iphone 5



APPLE is probing reports a woman died after receiving a massive electric shock
from her iPhone 5.

Ma Ailun, 23, was electrocuted when she answered her mobile while it was being
charged, it has been claimed.

The fatal accident happened at her home in China’s Xinjiang Province on
Thursday.

Ma Ailun

Ma Ailun … in flight attendant uniform

Now the family of the former flight attendant, who recently quit her job at
China Southern Airlines, have called on the technology giant to investigate
the death.

iPhone 5

Probe … iPhone 5

Ma’s older sister said in a post on the Weibo social network: “I hope that
Apple gives us an explanation.”

READ ALSO:   roberto mancini manchester city need 12 wins

Her brother told the newspaper Apple Daily that the phone and its accessories
have been handed to police.

A spokesperson for Apple reportedly told the South China Morning Post: “We
are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our
condolences to the family. We will fully investigate and co-operate with
authorities in this matter.”

A professor at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Johnny Sin
Kin-on, was quoted as warning: “There is a risk using an electrical
device while its installed battery is being charged, be it a shaver or a
phone.”

Categories